There are many local libraries with a wealth of information and resources. For more information, click here.
Click here for checklists, forms, and informational handouts.
If you need help or guidance, the VBGS mentors are here to help you. This is a free service for VBGS members. Check them out here.
- through May 31, 2020 – Legacy Family Tree Webinars is offering a free webinar each day – check it out!
- through July 31, 2020 – National Genealogical Society is providing free access to their monthly archives for non-members.
- annually – National Archives hosts a free, virtual Genealogy Fair each October! Go here to register and check out past events.
- At-Home Learning from the Library of Virginia – inculdes digital collections, online exhibitios, activities, ebooks, and more! check it out (no end date listed)
- May 20, 2020 – NGS Family History Conference Virtual – Echoes of Our Ancestors. Registration open until May 15, 2020.
cost: packages range from $150-$395 for members and $185-$430 for non-members
- July 26-31, 2020 – Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research – IGHR 2020 Live! Virtual Conference. Registration is open until 11:55 pm on July 6, 2020.
cost: $570 member/$620 non-member
- September 2-5, 2020 – Federation of Genealogical Societies – FGS 2020 Conference. Blazing Trails in the Heart of America. Kansas City, Missouri. Registration open but keep checking for updates due to Covid-19.
cost: student/single day/full conference – $50/$115/$250 before June 30, then $50/$125/$280