There are many local libraries with a wealth of information and resources. For more information, click here.
Click here for checklists, forms, and informational handouts.
(Resources from the Writers Group sessions are also here.)
If you need help or guidance, the VBGS mentors are here to help you. This is a free service for VBGS members. Check them out here.
- Access Ancestry.com at home through the Norfolk or Virginia Beach Public Libraries (sign in required) while covid restrictions are in place. (It doesn’t appear Chesapeake is offering this.)
- through July 31, 2020 – National Genealogical Society is providing free access to their monthly archives for non-members.
- annually – National Archives hosts a free, virtual Genealogy Fair each October! Go here to register and check out past events.
- At-Home Learning from the Library of Virginia – inculdes digital collections, online exhibitios, activities, ebooks, and more! check it out (no end date listed)
- September 2, 2020 – Federation of Genealogical Societies – FGS 2020 Conference. Blazing Trails in the Heart of America. Registration. The conference is now a one-day virtual even with access to sessions for 30 days. Prices vary.